OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC [2009]

Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC [2009]

Confessions of a Shopaholic
All She Ever Wanted was a Little Credit...
Rebecca Bloomwood.
Occupation, Journalist.
Jacket, Visa.
Dress, AMEX.
Belt, MasterCard.
It's vintage.
And I got 1% cashback.
Bag, Gucci, and worth every penny.
~Rebecca Bloomwood

Cause you know that thing, when you see someone cute and he smiles,
and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast?
Well, that's what it's like when I see a store.
Only it's better.
~Rebecca Bloomwood


You want your scarf, I want my hotdog.
Cost and worth are very different things.
~Luke Brandon

They said I was a valued customer.
Now they send me hate mail.
~Rebecca Bloomwood

Bex, how are you going to pay off sixty thousand twelve hundred. sixty two dollars and seventy cents without no job?
~Suze

What do they call it when an animal rights person gets trampled to death by a cow?
Ironic!
Ironic that Rebecca Bloomwood is advising people on how to handle money.
~Suze

Luke: Actually, what I really need is a, uh, tuxedo, say 3 buttons size 48 regular,
A white dress shirt, I'll try the blue as well,
and a black vernice shoe in a size 10.
And 2 advil.
Rebecca: You speak Prada?
Luke: Occasionally.

I don't want to be defined by clothes, or labels, or family.
~Luke Brandon

Luke: What would The Girl in The Green Scarf's take be on Luke Brandon?
Rebecca: As an investment, you pretty much suck.
Luke: What?
Rebecca: You're a workaholic.
You put in all these hours but you don't reap the rewards.
It goes into someone else's pocket.
But you're a great editor.

Hello everybody, I'm Rebecca Bloomwood.
I just actually came here as a favor to a friend.
I mean, I like shopping. Is there anything so wrong with that?
I mean, stores are put there to enjoy. 
The experience is enjoyable... well, more than enjoyable. It's beautiful.
The sheen of silk, drapped across a mannequin.
The smell of new Italian leather shoes.
The rush you feel when you swipe your card and it's approved, and it all belongs to you.
The joy you feel when you've bought something and it's just you and the shopping.
All you have to do is hand over a little card.
Isn't that the best feeling in the world?
Don't you wanna shout it from the mountaintops?
And you feel so confident and alive, and happy, and warm.
~Rebecca Bloomwood

My will is strong, my wallet is closed.
I do not want to shop.

Luke: Why do you shop?
Rebecca: Um, I...
Luke, impatient: Come on, come on...
Rebecca: Well, you're not giving me time.
Luke: Time for what? To make something up?
Just for once in your life, tell me the truth!
Rebecca: Because when I shop, the world gets better. The world is better.
And then it's not anymore.
And I need to do it again.
Luke: Well, what about honesty? What about credibility?
Rebecca: I wanted to tell you, but I only took the job to get to Alette.
Luke: Well, I wish you all the best with that.


Rebecca Bloomwood was the most vivacious, funny, inspiring woman I have ever met.
And she lived a lie, we know that now.
But what she wrote in her columns was the truth.
She had a voice.
She spoke to people who never believed that they could understand,
and who loved it when they found that they could.
And I loved it.
Rebecca Bloomwood let me down.
But The Girl in The Green Scarf never did.
~Luke Brandon

Your mom and I think if the American economy can be billions in debt and still survive,
so can you.
~Graham Bloomwood, to Rebecca

Rebecca: I have made so many mistakes,
and I feel like taking this job would be another one.
Alette: Before you make your decision, you should know this.
When I leave this house, the opportunity leave with me.
Rebecca: Well then you should both go.

I'm Rebecca Bloomwood and I'm a shopaholic.
I destroyed my career on national television.
I lied to the man I love.
I hurt my best friend.
I invented a stalker and I don't even speak Finnish.
~Rebecca Bloomwood





*****

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete